Noodles with mushrooms, sesame seeds, and herbs, tossed with a lemon ginger dressing.
Lemon Ginger Dressing
- 3/4 teaspoon Asian chili powder (or cayenne)
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 inch section of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 9 ounces dried noodles (spaghetti, linguine, udon, soba)
- 7 ounces fresh mushrooms (enoki, shimeji, sliced button, sliced shiitake)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs (parsley, green onion, cilantro or basil)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 Make the dressing: Combine all ingredients, except for the sesame oil and olive oil in a food processor or hand blender. Run the blender for a few seconds, until all ingredients are combined. With the machine running, drizzle in the oils.
2 Cook the noodles: In a pot, cook the dried noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3 Sauté the mushrooms: Heat a frying pan over high heat. Add the butter and when the butter starts bubbling, add the mushrooms. Sauté the mushrooms for 2 minutes.
4 Combine noodles and mushrooms, add dressing to taste: In a large bowl, toss the cooked noodles with the mushrooms, fresh herbs, sesame seeds and some of the dressing (to taste.)