These Olive Crostini make a perfect EASY party appetizer! Sliced baguette topped with olive, garlic, cheese spread, and toasted in the oven.
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup green olives with pimientos
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 baguette
1 Make olive mixture: Chop the olives in a food processor. Transfer to medium bowl. With machine running, drop garlic through the feed tube of the food processor and mince.
Add Parmesan, butter, and olive oil, and process into a paste. Add butter mixture to bowl with olives. Fold in jack cheese and parsley.
2 Cut baguette into thin slices and spread each slice generously with olive mixture.
3 Broil: Cook under broiler until bubbly and lightly browned - about 2 minutes.
Serve right out of oven. Helps to make olive mixture in advance and spread right before you put in the oven.