Middle Eastern carrot salad! Shredded carrots and golden raisins dressed with honey, lemon and orange blossom water.
- 1 lb carrots (with small cores) peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup golden or crimson raisins
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp freshly juiced lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp orange flower water
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, or more to taste
- Salt and pepper, lightly sprinkled to taste
- Chopped fresh mint for garnish
1 Combine all the ingredients except mint.
2 Chill in refrigerator several hours or overnight.
3 Serve garnished with slivers of mint leaves.