This recipe calls for peaches, but you could easily use nectarines. Habaneros work well in this salsa, in place of the jalapeños, but watch out, they're hot!
- 4 ripe but firm yellow peaches, chopped (skin on or off, your choice, skin on makes for better color, but if skin is too thick or fuzzy you may want to peel first)
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped shallots or onions
- 2-3 jalapenos, chopped (stem, seeds and ribs discarded)
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1 Put the chopped peaches, shallots, and jalapeños in the bowl of a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients. Pulse 2-3 times, just enough to get most the pieces small and to well combine the salsa. Do not liquefy it.
2 Place salsa into a bowl and cover. Let stand for an hour before serving to give the ingredients time to meld.
Serve with chips, with fish, pork, or chicken.