The quinoa takes about 15 minutes to cook and 10 minutes to cool. While the quinoa is cooking, prep the vegetables and herbs for this recipe.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced cucumbers, seeded if the cucumbers are very seedy, and peeled if the cucumbers have thick peels
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 cups cherry or sungold tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped, pitted kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup high quality olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (omit for vegan option)
1 Cook the quinoa: Cook quinoa in salted water (1 teaspoon salt for 2 cups water) according to quinoa box instructions. (Usually that means heating 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water until simmering, then lowering the heat to low, covering and cooking for 15 minutes.)
Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. To cool quickly, spread out cooked quinoa on a baking sheet.
2 Prep veggies and herbs: While the quinoa is cooking, prep the vegetables and herbs for the salad.
3 Toss with olive oil, vinegar, salt, feta: Place cooled quinoa, cucumbers, onions, tomato, bell pepper, olives, and herbs (mint, oregano, parsley) in a large bowl.
Toss with olive oil to gently combine.
Sprinkle with vinegar, salt, and crumbled feta cheese, and gently toss to combine.