The small new potatoes work great for this dish, all you have to do is cut them in half. Otherwise cut the larger new potatoes into 1 1/2-inch chunks. No need to peel.
- 1 1/2 pounds of smallish new potatoes (red or yellow skinned), cleaned, cut in half or quarters
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Place potatoes in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, olive oil, rosemary, and garlic. Toss until potatoes are well coated with everything.
2 Spread the potatoes out on a single layer of a roasting pan (a sturdy pan that can take high oven heat, a standard cookie sheet may warp). Roast for 40 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through and browned. Serve immediately.