Easy roasted zucchini recipe! How to cook zucchini by cutting lengthwise, oven-roasting with olive oil, garlic, black pepper, and Herbes de Provence.
- 1 lb zucchini, each cut in half across the middle, then each half quartered lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbes de Provence or dried thyme, or 1 teaspoon of fresh chopped thyme
1 Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 450°F. Make sure there is a rack on the top rack spot in the oven.
2 Toss zucchini and garlic with olive oil, spread out onto lined sheet pan: Place the zucchini and garlic in a bowl and toss with olive oil.
Spread the zucchini out onto a foil or silicone-lined sheet pan, skin side down. Sprinkle with salt (1/4 to 1/2 a teaspoon).
3 Roast zucchini: Roast the zucchini at 450°F for 8-15 minutes, or until it begins to brown. (Start checking at about 7 minutes and keep checking every few minutes.)
4 Toss with herbs, salt, pepper: Once the zucchini has started to brown at the edges, remove it from the oven and place the zucchini in a bowl. Gently mix in the herbs and salt and pepper to taste.