Take your party appetizer game up a notch! This pretty pink smoked salmon dip is ready in minutes, makes any occasion feel extra special, and tastes just as good with crackers as it does with crudités.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons small capers
- 2 lemons
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo pepper or a pinch of Cayenne (optional), to taste
1 Blend the cream cheese and sour cream: In a bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed, beat the cream cheese and sour cream together until very smooth. With the mixer on low, add the chives, mustard, capers, zest and juice from 1 lemon, and black pepper. Mix until blended.
If you like, use a food processor for this step and transfer to a bowl, or simply use some elbow grease to beat the mixture until smooth.
2 Fold in the chopped salmon: Remove the bowl from the stand mixer. Fold in the salmon and Aleppo or cayenne pepper, if using, by hand.
Taste and add juice from the remaining lemon, 1 teaspoon at time, if you think it needs it.
3 Serve: Spoon the dip into a serving bowl and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving time. Serve with crackers or slices of baguette. The spread will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.