We are using mozzarella cheese in this recipe because I just happened to have some on hand. Feel free to use your favorite melty cheese - swiss, gruyere, provolone, cheddar. I'm using Italian seasoning, a mix of dried herbs, but you could easily use your fresh herbs of choice.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 ounce fresh kale, de-stemmed and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (dried rosemary, oregano, thyme, basil)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 Sauté onions with red pepper flakes: Heat olive oil in a stick-free frying pan on medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chopped onion and red pepper flakes. Cook for one minute.
2 Add kale: Add the thinly sliced kale to the pan, toss with the onions and olive oil. Cook for a few minutes, until the kale is just wilted.
3 Add beaten eggs: Lower the heat to medium. Add the beaten eggs to the pan. Stir until the eggs begin to set.
4 Add cheese and seasoning: Stir in the shredded mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning. Remove from heat and continue to stir a few times until the cheese is melted and the eggs are cooked. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.