Is it hot where you are? We’ve had an unseasonably cool several days, but the weather reports assure us that that’s about to change.
This sesame noodle salad is a perfect cold noodle salad for a hot day. Make the noodles and the dressing ahead of time and let the noodles soak in all the flavor from the dressing (sesame oil, honey, soy sauce).
Then toss it with green onions, cilantro, bell pepper and peanuts right before serving. Yum!
You can also add cubed cooked chicken to the salad to make it a more substantial meal, or some tahini for a creamier sesame flavor. If you take it to a potluck picnic, double the recipe! This one is a crowd pleaser.
Recipe and photos updated, first published 2006
Sesame Noodle Salad Recipe
Honey Soy Dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper or chili powder (optional)
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (less if using tamari which is more concentrated than soy sauce)
- 12 ounces of vermicelli, thin spaghetti, or angel hair pasta
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 Prepare the dressing: Put the dressing ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
2 Cook the pasta: Put the pasta in a large pot in salted boiling water (1 Tbsp salt for every 2 quarts of water). Cook al dente, according to the directions on the pasta package. Drain.
3 Toss with dressing, chill: Stir together the cooked pasta and the dressing in a large bowl until the pasta is well coated. Cover and chill for several hours.
4 Stir in cilantro, peanuts, green onions, bell pepper: When ready to serve, mix in the cilantro, peanuts, green onions and bell pepper. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thank you!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.