Sesame Noodle Salad, so quick and easy! Thin noodles infused with a sesame, honey, soy sauce dressing.
Honey Soy Dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper or chili powder (optional)
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (less if using tamari which is more concentrated than soy sauce)
- 12 ounces of vermicelli, thin spaghetti, or angel hair pasta
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 Prepare the dressing: Put the dressing ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
2 Cook the pasta: Put the pasta in a large pot in salted boiling water (1 Tbsp salt for every 2 quarts of water). Cook al dente, according to the directions on the pasta package. Drain.
3 Toss with dressing, chill: Stir together the cooked pasta and the dressing in a large bowl until the pasta is well coated. Cover and chill for several hours.
4 Stir in cilantro, peanuts, green onions, bell pepper: When ready to serve, mix in the cilantro, peanuts, green onions and bell pepper. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.