When I announced I was making a fennel Parmesan salad, my father remarked something to the effect, “That sounds like something for ‘ladies who lunch’.” It does, doesn’t it?
It may seem like an odd idea to put Parmesan alongside fennel, but it’s actually quite good. The cheese perfectly complements the slight licorice hint of the fennel.
Thyme and parsley provide the accents along with a simple olive oil and lemon dressing.
Shaved Fennel Salad Recipe
- 1 fennel bulb, shaved paper thin with a mandoline or meat slicer
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon of chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leafed parsley
- 2 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
Gently toss all of the ingredients together.
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thank you!
Products We Love
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.