Mix up the seasonings in this recipe with any favorite spice mix!
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, bone-in and skin on
- 1 pound marble-sized baby potatoes (or small waxy potatoes cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (sweet, hot, or smoked – your choice)
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules, or garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion granules, or onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- A pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli, cut into small florets
- Zest of 1 lemon, to serve
- Mince chives, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
1 Place baking sheet in oven and preheat to 500F for at least 15 minutes.
2 Season the chicken and potatoes: Combine the chicken and potatoes in a bowl. Sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon of oil, paprika, garlic granules, onion granules, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, pepper, and cayenne.
Use your hands to toss the chicken and potatoes with the oil and spice, mixing until everything is evenly coated.
3 Roast the chicken and potatoes: Pull the hot pan out of the oven and place the chicken skin-side down. Scatter the potatoes around the chicken. Place the pan with the chicken and potatoes in the oven. and immediately lower the heat to 425F.
Roast for 15 minutes.
4 Add the broccoli: Toss the broccoli in a clean mixing bowl with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Remove the pan from oven (and close the oven door so the heat doesn't escape). Use tongs to flip the chicken and potatoes. Arrange the broccoli on the pan around the chicken.
Roast for another 15 to 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and registers at least 165F in the thickest part of the thigh. The potatoes and broccoli should also be tender.
4 To serve: Rest chicken thighs for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle the chicken, broccoli, and potatoes on the sheet pan with lemon zest and chives, then serve with lemon wedges