Bay shrimp are also called Maine shrimp or boreal shrimp. They are sustainably harvested and they come already shelled and cooked.
- 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 pound cooked bay shrimp or extra small shrimp that are cooked, peeled, and de-veined, most of the shrimp roughly chopped
- 3 ripe avocados
- Lettuce - preferably butter lettuce or red leaf lettuce
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted hazelnuts, almonds, or pistachios
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Lemon slices for garnish
1 Whisk together the oil, vinegar, chopped green onion and salt in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to coat with the dressing.
2 Arrange leaves of lettuce on individual plates. Cut two of the avocados in half and remove pits. (See How to Peel and Cut an Avocado.) With a spoon, carefully scoop out avocado halves from their skins in one piece. Place avocado half on plate with lettuce.
Peel and chop the remaining avocado and mix it with the shrimp.
3 Spoon shrimp mixture onto avocado. Sprinkle with nuts and/or cilantro if using.
Serve with lemon slices for garnish.