Skillet Shrimp and Asparagus, only use one pan! Quick, easy, and delicious, perfect for a midweek meal.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, quartered, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 4 teaspoons)
- 1/2 pound small red skinned new potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices or small dice
- Salt (to taste)
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 pound of asparagus, woody ends discarded, spears thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp (can leave tails on for presentation if you want), 16-20 count
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or green onion greens
1 Sauté onions and garlic: Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add the sliced onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic, cook a minute more.
2 Add potatoes, water, cover and cook: Add the potatoes and 1/2 cup water. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, until the potatoes are almost cooked through.
3 Add asparagus: Add the thinly sliced asparagus, toss with the potato mixture, cover and cook for one minute.
4 Add the shrimp, lemon juice, lemon zest, chives: Add the shrimp, lemon juice, lemon zest, and chives. Toss and cover and cook until shrimp is just cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add more salt or pepper to taste.