Who wants tacos?! These slow cooker chipotle chicken tacos are perfect for Game Day parties and weeknight dinners.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thighs, or a mix
- 1/2 cup plain tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- Juice from 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 to 3 chipotle peppers from a can of Chipotles en Adobo, chopped (stems and seeds removed)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Adobo sauce, from a can of Chipotles en Adobo
- 1 package Mission Super Soft Flour Tortillas
- Crumbled queso fresco
- Diced red onion
- Diced radish
- Fresh cilantro
1 Combine everything in the slow cooker: Combine the chicken, tomato sauce, honey, onion, lime juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to your slow cooker. Add 1 to 3 chopped chipotle peppers and 1 to 2 tablespoons of Adobo sauce, depending on your preferred level of heat. Mix together well.
2 Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours.
3 Shred the chicken: At the end of cooking time, use two forks to shred chicken in the pot. Mix the shredded chicken with the sauce.
At this point, the chicken can be held on the "warm" setting, covered, for 1 to 2 hours. Stir additional water as needed if the pot starts to become dry.
4 Serve: Set out a stack of tortillas and all the toppings. Assemble and serve the tacos from the slow cooker.
Leftover chicken will keep refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.