You can make this dish a few hours in advanced, or even the night before and let the soba chill and marinate, just be sure not to add the peanuts, mint and basil until just before serving.
- 6 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Zest of one lime
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 6 ounces soba noodles
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small ripe mango, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted salted peanuts
1 Place the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until the sugar and salt dissolve. Stir in the garlic and allow to cool. Add the lime juice, lime zest, and sesame oil and mix well.
2 Cook the noodles in salted water, until al dente, according to the package instructions. Drain and then rinse well under cool water. Transfer the noodles to a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
3 Add the mango, bell pepper, basil and mint. Toss and plate. Serve with chopped peanuts sprinkled over the top.