A mandoline will make slicing cabbage much much easier than using a knife.
If the seasoned rice vinegar adds too much sweetness for your taste, add a sprinkle of lemon juice. If you are using unsweetened rice vinegar, to get the right balance of acidity and sweet, sprinkle a little sugar over the salad and toss.
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage (about 1/3 to 1/2 cabbage)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (packed) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar (or plain rice vinegar with added sugar to taste)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 Assemble the salad: Place the thinly sliced cabbage, grated carrot, radish slices, sliced green onions, and cilantro in a large serving bowl.
2 Toss with dressing and serve: Right before serving, sprinkle with olive oil, rice vinegar, salt and pepper, and toss to coat.