Pro tip: slice the onion first and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with a little water and red wine vinegar. Then prep the other ingredients. Just a few minutes in a little vinegar water will help take the edge off of the onion slices.
- 3-4 fresh large tomatoes, sliced
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoons crumbled dried oregano, or 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- Red wine vinegar (a good, strong red wine vinegar)
- Extra virgin olive oil (the best quality)
- Freshly ground black pepper
1 Layer tomatoes, onions, avocado, add parsley, garlic, oregano: Place a layer of sliced tomatoes on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with salt. Arrange the slivers of thinly sliced red onions and the chunks of avocado over the tomatoes.
Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, minced garlic, and crumbled dried oregano.
2 Dress with red wine vinegar and olive oil, salt and pepper: Drizzle red wine vinegar and olive oil over the platter. Sprinkle with a little more salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temp for an hour or two before serving. Do not refrigerate.