If you are using canned tuna packed in water, drain it and add in 1 tablespoon of good quality extra virgin olive oil.
If you are using canned tuna packed in olive oil, you can use as is, without draining it. Or, if you don't like the oil the tuna is packed in, you can drain it, and add back in 2 teaspoons of your favorite extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 (5 or 6-ounce) can tuna fish*
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch two of dill
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 slices bread, lightly toasted
- Lettuce and sliced tomatoes (optional)
1 Mix: In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients until combined.
2 Serve: Serve tuna salad on toast, either open faced, or in a regular sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes. For a low carb option, serve on sliced lettuce.