White bean and cherry tomato salad with a dressing of rosemary infused olive oil, garlic, Parmesan, anchovies, and lemon.
- 1 15-ounce cans of white beans, such as Great Northern or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry or plum tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 3-inch sprig of fresh rosemary
- 3 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped (omit for vegetarian option)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
1 Infuse rosemary in olive oil: Place the garlic and sprig of rosemary in the olive oil in a small saucepan. Heat the oil on medium until the rosemary begins to sizzle.
Remove the pan from the heat and let sit for 20 minutes, allowing the rosemary and garlic to infuse in the oil.
2 Make the dressing: Remove rosemary sprig from the oil, discard. Remove the garlic from the oil, reserving the oil.
Add the garlic, anchovies (omit for vegetarian option), Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and lemon juice to a food processor or mini chopper. Pulse until smooth.
3 Mix dressing with beans: In a medium bowl, gently mix the garlic Parmesan lemon mixture in with the beans until the beans are well coated.
Let the beans sit for a few minutes so they absorb some of the dressing.
4 Gently mix in the reserved olive oil, tomatoes, and parsley.