Simple zucchini recipe, zucchini strips cooked with butter, onion, parsley, bouillon, and thyme. Easy!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound fresh zucchini, cut into 3-by-1/2-inch sticks
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
1 Cook onions with parsley: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter on medium heat. Add the onion and parsley, sprinkle with salt, and cook until soft, but not browned.
2 Add zucchini and thyme: Add the zucchini sticks and thyme to the onions. Sprinkle with a little more salt and some black pepper. Gently stir to coat the zucchini.
Cover and cook until tender, from 10 to 15 minutes, depending on how tender the the raw zucchini is to begin with, and how small you have sliced the pieces. Check and stir every few minutes. Be careful not to overcook.