Robin is a freelance writer specializing in food, culture, and e-commerce. Her work has appeared in Food and Wine, The Kitchn, The Takeout, and TalkPoverty.
- Robin has written for Simply Recipes since March 2021.
- Her work has appeared on Food and Wine, The Kitchen, The Takeout, and TalkPoverty.
- Robin has a PhD from the University of Illinois and will finish her Master's degree in Multimedia Journalism from DePaul University in August.
In addition to writing for outlets like Food and Wine, The Kitchn, The Takeout, and TalkPoverty, Robin loves to find the best deals for any kitchen gadgets/technology for home cooks and enthusiasts alike. She has also freelanced in the e-commerce space and experiments with deserts in her free time. She’s a Chicagoan permanently living in Arlington, VA.
Robin has a B.A. from DePaul University, a Masters and PhD from University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, and she will finish her Masters in Multimedia Journalism from DePaul University in August.
- Deep Cuts: How a Black Craftsman Started Making Amazing Custom Knives for Chefs, SoulPhoodie
- My mother, my air fryer, George Foreman, and me, The Takeout
- How a Chicago Juneteenth Parade Taught Me About the Importance of Black Foodways, The Kitchn
About Simply Recipes
Simply Recipes, a Dotdash brand, is here to help you cook delicious meals with less stress and more joy, offering recipes and cooking advice for home cooks, by home cooks. We have more than 3000 tested recipes, guides, and meal plans, and draw over 15 million readers each month. Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.