- Founder of Fearless Fresh Online Cooking School
- Author of Melt: the Art of Macaroni and Cheese (Little, Brown & Co, 2013)
- Classically trained pastry chef, French Pastry School, Chicago
Stephanie Stiavetti's passion is to help everyday home cooks learn how to be proud of each and every meal they make. After spending the past decade reclaiming her health by changing the way she cooks, and then putting herself through culinary school, she started Fearless Fresh to help you become the badass home chef you’re meant to be.
Stephanie gets fired up about cooking and eating, and knows SO many people who are strangers in their own kitchen or at war with what they eat. She used to be the same way, until she realized her own chronic health struggles could be dramatically changed through diet and lifestyle. Stephanie made it her laser focus to re-learn to cook. Cooking and eating should be fulfilling and joyful, not stressful. From dinner to dessert, she's a sucker for comfort food.
As she gets a little older, she tries to make things healthier – which means truly fresh ingredients, throwing in whole grains where she can, and seriously cutting down on sugar. Well, there’s still sugar in the desserts. Because, PIE. Today everything Stephanie writes, shares, or teaches is to help others do three things: learn to cook, love their food, and find joy in the kitchen. This is what excites her every day.
Featured in: The Wall Street Journal, New York Magazine, NPR, KQED
Favorite Meal: "I've staged, cooked, and eaten all over the world, and the best meals of my life were bought from a cart and eaten while sitting on a curb."
- The French Pastry School - L'Art de la Pâtisserie & L'Art de la Boulangerie
- American River College - Culinary Arts/Chef Training Certificate
- College of Marin in partnership with Cowgirl Creamery - Artisan Cheesemaking Certificate Program
- San Francisco Cheese School - Certified Cheesemonger
- Seam Butchery and Charcuterie Intensive at Camont, France - Whole hog butchery and charcuterie program
About Simply Recipes
Simply Recipes, a Dotdash brand, is here to help you cook delicious meals with less stress and more joy, offering recipes and cooking advice for home cooks, by home cooks. We have more than 3000 tested recipes, guides, and meal plans, and draw over 15 million readers each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process.