- Collaborations with publications such as Eater DC, Kitchn, Food52, Black Foodie, and Eat the Culture.
- Participated in Fix Your Plate Podcast for their Juneteenth Special: For Us By Us.
- Created Flights and Foods to highlight food industry professionals and to showcase food and cultures from around the world.
Takera Gholson is a food and travel blogger and photographer based in Washington, D.C. She describes food as the “foundation of culture.” With over fifteen years of auditing and consulting experience, Takera used her interviewing, researching, and writing skills to launch her blog in 2018. Takera uses her blog platform, Flights and Foods, to share stories of food industry professionals and expose her audience to food and cultures from around the world.
Takera has worked with local restaurants, chefs, and hotels providing social media marketing, social media training for small businesses, and food photography. She is passionate about advocating for small businesses, specifically those owned by Black, Indigenous, and People of Color.
Her blog shares interviews with chefs, restaurant owners, and other food industry professionals. Takera also utilizes her platform to write informative articles and provide valuable resources to the community. Seeking to explore all things food and travel, Takera can be found behind a camera photographing food in her spare time, or researching food to drive her next travel destination.
Favorite Tool in the Kitchen: "My favorite cooking tool is a cast iron skillet!"
Repertoire and Contributions Includes:
- Bluehost - Unleash Your Wanderlust With Flights and Foods by Desiree Johnson
- Feedspot - Top 50 Food Travel Blogs & Websites
- Camellas Kitchen - Recipe: Flights and Foods' Spiced Pecan Caramel Sauce
- DMV PRIVATE CHEF WEEK: CONVOS WITH CULINARY ARTISTS - Moderator “Publicity in a Pandemic”
- Fix Your Plate Podcast - Juneteenth Special: For Us By Us
- Eater DC - D.C. Restaurant Experts Share Their Biggest Hopes for the Industry in 2021 Financial Relief from Congress is Priority No. 1 by Gabe Hiatt
- Eater DC - D.C. Food Writers Discuss Their Best Restaurant Meals of 2020 Critics, Bloggers, and Industry Pros Share Their Favorite Dining Experiences in D.C. This Year by Gabe Hiatt
- Eater DC - What Food Writers, Bloggers, and Industry Pros Think Needs to Change in The Service Industry by Gabe Hiatt
- Black Restaurant Week - (Contributing Writer) The Joys of Eating Abroad at Christmas
- Food52 - 33 Innovative Recipes to Honor Black History Month
- Eat the Culture - (Collaborator) 2022 Black History Month Virtual Potluck
- The Kitchn - Exploring Afrofuturism Through Food: Black History Month Virtual Potluck
- Black Foodie - Celebrate Black Cuisines and History With This Virtual Potluck
- Wide Open Eats - 12 Black Food Bloggers Celebrate Black History Month With Creative Cooking
- Cooking Chat - BERBERE LENTIL CHILI WITH ROSÉ FROM THE MCBRIDE SISTERS
- The Local Palate - (Contributing Writer) DINE DIASPORA EMPOWERS CULTURE AND FOOD
- Instagram Takover - @tastemakerconference, @acouplecooks
About Simply Recipes
Simply Recipes, a Dotdash brand, is here to help you cook delicious meals with less stress and more joy, offering recipes and cooking advice for home cooks, by home cooks. We have more than 3000 tested recipes, guides, and meal plans, and draw over 15 million readers each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process.