Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! Up this week… The best chopper for garlic! The best Crock Pot to ever exist! The best dance that has ever been danced! And so much more!
I think it’s safe to say that I am a world renowned chocolate hoarder. It’s so true, it’s scary.
I was cleaning out my desk and found at least a half-dozen chocolate bars. I’m talking Moonstruck chocolate bars (that come from my local city of Portland!), Ikea chocolate bars (have to pick up a few every time I’m there!), and good old-fashioned dark chocolate bars.
But what’s my recent obsession? These Alter Eco Chocolate bars. The brown butter one especially strikes my fancy, but I’ll take any of them. I have some stashed in my office desk, behind some canned beans in the pantry, in my nightstand, and at least a few other places that shall remain nameless because I don’t want to give away all my secrets. I think it’s safe to say that I’m a chocoholic and it’s helping me live my best life possible.
Let’s see what’s helping the Simply Team live their best lives possible this week, shall we?
OUR FAVORITES FROM THE WEEK
- SAY CHEESE! Andy has really been enjoying Daiya non-dairy cheese and he’s practically obsessed with this! Looks so good.
- Chop it like it’s hot – One of our readers, Carol, recommended this alligator chopper for garlic! She said it’s her favorite, so naturally I had to order it and am testing it out.
- Cooking with FRIENDS – I just discovered THIS CROCKPOT and immediately need to get a hundred of them.
- Tarantallegra! If you haven’t seen this Harry Potter dance, then what are you waiting for?!
- Breaking News! Paris Hilton has her own cooking show on YouTube. *gasp* Can you guess what she’s making first?
MEANWHILE, WHAT’S BUZZIN’ ON INSTAGRAM?
You all went CRAY CRAY over Nick’s Mini Garlic Butter Pretzels! Combine the fact that they’ve got butter, they’ve got garlic, they’re mini, AND the Super Bowl is just around the corner, I can definitely see why these little gems of joy captured so many hearts!
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Judy commented on our One Pot Chicken and Orzo and is helping her grandkids broaden their little palates. She commented:
I am grateful for coming across this dish. I am a grandma of a 4 & 6 year old, who I am attempting to broaden their horizons with food. If I never see another chicken nugget, Mac and cheese, or ground burger spaghetti recipe again, I’ll die a happy lady. What I did was bloomed a pinch of saffron to a 1/4 cup of warm chicken stock, finally diced a link of smoked sausage (andouille), and a 1/4 of frozen peas. The “littles” loved it, and I am adding this delish dish to my small but growing family friendly meals. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
You go, Judy!
Cheers to a fab weekend!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.