Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! Up this fabulous week… Bar cookies, meal planning like a boss, luffas, and so much more!
One of my favorite things to do each summer is the relay Portland to Coast—and it’s happening TOMORROW! It’s this crazy race where teams of 12 people walk 129 miles in a relay from Portland to Seaside, Oregon in about 36 hours. We prep and plan all year long for this event and it’s just a fantastic way to say good-bye to the summer.
I’ve been training all summer long and am at a 15-minute walking mile, but I’m no where close to some of the power walkers on other teams (they have got that swivel hip action down!). But I know that once that adrenaline kicks in, I’ll be unstoppable. Ha! In between my two 5-mile legs of the race, I’ll be cheering my teammates on.
Wish our team, The Poached L’Eggs, good luck!
NOW MOVING ON TO THE SIMPLY RECIPES TEAM FAVORITES THIS WEEK
- Bar cookies are life. Emma is obsessed with these bar cookies from The Recipe Critic, while I myself made these bars from Two Peas and Their Pod. Delish!
- Sleeping Beauty: Carrie just loves whenever her cats don’t wake her up at 5 am. It’s the simple things, folks!
- Hoka One One: I bought new shoes at the beginning of summer to train in and l.o.v.e. them.
- Meal Plan Like a Boss: Andy shared with us this awesome podcast episode on meal planning from Mother Like a Boss!
- Inbox Like a Boss: Emma championed her way through her whole email inbox. She deserves a giant round of applause.
- Luffa Luv: Ever wonder how luffa sponges are made? Here’s how. Super cool!
MEANWHILE ON THE GOOD OLD INSTAGRAM
We are having one crazy giveaway where we are sending one lucky reader a $200 Visa gift card just for ordering groceries online using our Relish feature. *And the crowd goes wild* Not sure what Relish is? We have a fab post that explains it here. Want to enter the contest on Instagram? All the official deets are here. We’ll announce the winner on Monday so head on over to IG and enter!
Also… I asked you all to caption this picture of Zucchini Tomato Quiche in three words or less and here are some of my favorite responses:
- Quiche me quick!
- Thank you, chickens!
- In. My. Belly.
- Tempting tasting tomatoes
- Face, meet quiche!
It was so fun reading all your responses! Check out the rest of them here!
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Tomatoes are hot in season right now and Jeanne left the sweetest comment on our Tomato Pie. She said:
I’ve been making this pie for a few years now, and everyone loves it! It’s a great way to use tomatoes from my garden. Love this dish. I play around with the cheeses too—sometimes more cheddar, other times more mozzarella. Add bacon for a little something extra. Thank you for this recipe!!
Love how she mixes up the cheese selection AND that’s she’s not afraid to sprinkle in some bacon! You go, girl!
Until next week… Cheers!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.