Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! Up this week: Cooking in your basement, kale chips, mid-week champagne, and SO MUCH MORE!
I’m gonna keep this short because I’m out shopping for ALL THE DEALS today! I love Black Friday shopping (and it’s totally okay if you don’t like it. We can still be friends!) but I don’t do it for my Christmas shopping. In fact, I have the majority of my Christmas shopping done already.
I love getting fantastic deals on everything else that I need but always put off buying. Things like towels, small kitchen appliances, sheets, dishes, etc. My favorite Black Friday purchase of all time was about 10 years ago and I bought a mini Crock Pot for $3. I still use it to this day!
Throughout the year I keep a running list of things I will eventually need, but don’t want to pay full price for (because I’m a legit bargain-hunter) and I snag all those deals on Black Friday. I will say that I don’t like going Thanksgiving night (I’m too stuffed with turkey to shop!) so I’ll wait until about 6 am Friday morning to go. It’s great and grand and I love it hard core!
But enough about what I’m loving on, let’s see what the Simply Recipes team is crushing on this week!
OUR FAVES THROUGHOUT THE WEEK
- Basement Cooking – Summer is still in the middle of a kitchen renovation, so she’s cooking everything in a slow cooker in her basement and doubled up on this recipe from Skinnytaste so her family could eat it throughout the whole week.
- Hail the Kale! While Cambria thinks kale chips are a little 2009, she’s been loving them with soba noodles from this Bon Appetit recipe.
- Campaign Champagne! Emma’s campaigning us to open a bottle of mid-week champagne. Don’t wait until you have a reason to celebrate… DRINK IT NOW! #yolo
- ALL THE FEELS – Summer shared this granola that is made by refugees and it deeply touched our whole team. Snag a bag right now because I promise you won’t regret it.
- Wonderful Wafers – I’m addicted to literally every flavor of Voortman wafers! So often, wafers have a really fake taste, but their flavors are SPOT ON.
MEANWHILE ON THE INSTAGRAM
You all have been loving our post here on the site about which jarred pasta sauce is best and you’ve left tons of feedback (which we always love)! But on IG, we’ve had a fun discussion about different ways to GUSSY UP your pasta sauce!
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Heather recently made our Instant Pot Chicken Soup and this is what she had to say:
This was the best chicken soup I’ve made. I followed these directions, and although I didn’t have any thyme, I substituted oregano and for whatever reason, the flavor is incredible! Thank you!
I love that Heather used what she had on hand to customize the recipe!
Cheers to the weekend, my friends! If anyone needs me, I’ll be napping for the next 24 hours to make up for all the energy I spent shopping! Ha!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.