Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, and good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! Up this week we are sharing our favorites including (but not limited to) Clevr Chai Tea, Cooking with Wool, and Snowshoe & Co!
The sickies have hit the Cash household, and they’ve hit hard. Blergh. It started the week before Christmas, and has slowly taken us down one-by-one and has managed to get 7 out of 8 of us.
I’ve learned to fight hard, though. Real tough. Mama Cash does NOT have time to be sick! So I stock up on my Vitamin C, Zinc, and Echinacea and drink my special concoction twice daily that’s made up of the following: 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons honey mixed into 8 oz water and heated to desired hotness. (I know, such technical terms.)
Once it has been heated, add a sprinkling of cinnamon and sip slowly. Or try and sip it down as fast as possible, because it’s not the best tasting, but dang it! Every time I drink it, I think there’s no way this’ll help anything, but it most certainly does! It does the job. It may not cure me completely (one can be hopeful, right?) but it does help me get better quickly.
Now I’m turning to you to see what are some of your tried and true methods for fighting off the sickies are. Do share! Do tell!
And now it’s time to see what the Simply Team is sharing this week!
OUR FAVORITES FROM THE WEEK
- Super lattes to the rescue! Megan has us convinced that these chai tea blends are ah-maze because they get super frothy (thanks to oat milk!) and are very low in sugar and are just like a little dream in the morning.
- Inhale the gloriousness – Emma tipped us off to these candles and I want to buy every single one! I think I’ll start off with the Wizardy Buttery Drink candle first!
- Cooking with Wool(?) – Andy thinks these videos are amazing and we all agree one million percent. Beyond clever!
- Ten Percent Happier – This podcast about intuitive eating really hit home with Emma in light of our January Reset Challenge!
- High quality H2O – I’ve been trying to drink more water and I LOVE this water bottle! Cute color, keeps my water cold, and it doesn’t leak. Woot!
- Snowshoe & Co – Summer introduced us all to these caramels and we’re all more than obsessed!
MEANWHILE ON THE INSTAGRAM
We have been diving deep into our January Reset Challenge and love seeing all your pictures! You can follow along too by looking up #simplyreset ! So many wonderful and fantastic ideas. Seriously. You all have some great recipes out there!
COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Alex left THE BEST comment on our Quick and Easy Pan-Fried Flank Steak recipe:
This is anonymous, right?
Because I don’t want anyone in real life to know that I just literally licked the pan.
This was so delicious. I could have eaten the entire steak myself (I stopped myself, don’t worry!) I made it just as written but also added a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce to the sauce. Who knew flank steak could be so incredible?
Yes, Anonymous Alex, flank steak CAN be that incredible!
Want to know what else is incredible? THE WEEKEND AHEAD!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.