Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! Up this week: Folzzy Music, Frozen 2, and Christmas Cards!
TRADITION! I love holiday traditions and have enjoyed creating my own with my family. One of my favorite traditions is sending out Christmas cards! There’s just something so magical about seeing my family grow from year-to-year and wishing my loved ones far and near a most joyous holiday season. Call me crazy, but I LOVE addressing the envelopes, and as I do, I think of the people I’m sending to and memories I have with them.
I also am obsessed with hand-lettering ALL THE THINGS so I love finding unique ways to address the envelopes. While I can’t give gifts to everyone I know, I hope they feel loved when they receive our card in the mail. I also LOVE getting Christmas cards! I tape them to my front door through the month of December and love seeing how everyone near and dear to my heart has grown and enjoyed another year.
Sigh. It really is the best ever.
Want to know what else is great according to the Simply Recipes team?
OUR FAVORITES FROM THE WEEK!
- Folzzy Music. It’s a thing. Andy is really digging this album for some easy Christmas listening. It’s a hint of jazzy and a hint of folksy. It’s FOLZZY. Or is it JAZZKSY?
- Broth vs. Stock – In preparation for our newest Pantry Power installment, we’ve been discussing chicken broth vs. chicken stock. You can read about the differences here!
- Phineas and Ferb – Literally one of the best cartoons out there. It’s rare when there’s a show that both my kids and I love to watch, but THIS IS IT.
- Disney+ – Speaking of awesome cartoons… Any of you signed up for Disney+ yet? I’m loving everything on there!
- Frozen 2 – Summer saw it with her kids and in her exact words said it was, “Soooooo GGGOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!
MEANWHILE ON THE INSTAGRAM
Music in the kitchen is a MUST. I jammed out to some N’SYNC Christmas music while making some yogurt and asked what everyone else listens to while in the kitchen. Here’s what some of you said:
- 80s pop
- 30 Seconds to Mars
- Easy listening
- Dinner jazz
- Rihanna (that one was compliments of Emma!)
What do you listen to? Tag us @simplyrecipes on your IG stories and use #srkitchenjams so we can see! I love how we all have different tastes in music, but we’re still all in the kitchen cooking away!
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
‘Tis the season for SOUPS and Dietrich left this comment on our Easy Tuscan Bean Soup:
Great soup that takes less than an hour with prep. Doubled the amount and used spinach for the greens. Herb de Provence and a shot of Tabasco added awesome flavour, delicious! Toasted German buns cut diagonally served well as baguette imposters. Will definitely make again. Thanks!
How awesome is it that he took our recipe but added in his own little seasonings depending on what he had and what he liked? I love reading how all of you personalize the recipes to your liking!
Cheers to a most glorious weekend!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.