Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our weekly roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts!
Hello, hello, hello! I feel like this has been one of the busiest weeks of my life. It’s funny how 3 out of my 5 kids are in school, and I’m busier than ever running back and forth between music programs, field trips, last-minute science reports, swimming lessons, piano lessons… and this list could go on for another mile.
Hallelujah for school being out for the summer next week! We are definitely struggling to make it to the bus stop in the mornings, and I may or may not have them sleep in their clothes to shave off a few minutes in the morning. Shhh… don’t tell anyone, m’kay?
Whether summer is in full swing for you or you’re still working hard to bring home the bacon, take a break with us! We’ve had a lot of buzz going around the Simply Recipes Team this week — here’s everything we chatted about…
OUR FAVORITES FROM THE WEEK (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)
- A little green for your office! Emma has been testing out her green thumb skills and built her own terrarium to keep in her office window.
- If you don’t have a green thumb: My home is adorned with air plants. Legit the easiest things to care for. Just soak them in water them once a month, let them dry out completely, and BAM. You’re done. #wegotthis
- Spicy plantain chips! Andy is wildly passionate about Jerk-Style Plantain Chips from Trader Joe’s. Ever had them?!
- Desktop spaceship: Andy has the coolest spaceship looking mouse for his work computer and I think the rest of the team needs those mouses STAT.
- Back to work…with almonds: This week, we welcomed back our Director of Marketing and Sales, Megan Gordon, after being out on maternity leave. (Side note: Her little babe is 100% darling.) Her fave snack of choice while working is… Skinny Dipped Almonds. The dark chocolate kind is best!
- Required viewing: Summer convinced us all to watch Always Be My Maybe on Netflix. She said it’s absolutely fantastic. Megan watched it this past weekend and it’s in my queue for this weekend!
- Say howdy to the SR Team! We had our first ever Simply Recipes Team all-hands-on-deck meeting. Always fantastic talking to the humans you work with. We span the U.S. from the west coast (Oregon, Washington, and California) to Nebraska to Minnesota, and then onto Pennsylvania. Whoa.
MEANWHILE ON INSTAGRAM
READER COMMENTS OF THE WEEK
I couldn’t choose just one comment this week, so I really hope you don’t mind if I share TWO of them!
Toniya made our Roasted Kabocha Soup and said:
It’s rare for me to eat the same thing twice, HOWEVER, this soup is the exception. We’ve had it at least 3 times in 2 weeks~ it’s just that good. Please don’t skip on the lime & cilantro to ensure you’ve tasted this soup at its best.
Brigette had to make an emergency substitution to our Classic Potato Salad and it turned out fabulous! (By the way, we love it when you tell us when different things work out for you!) Here’s what she had to say:
This is my favorite potato salad, ever. The last time I made it, this past Monday, I did not have any sour cream so I upped the mayo. I also did not have any bacon so I made it without. I LOVE the extra flavor from the dill pickle juice. I made a double batch and there was only 1/2 cup left by the end of the meal. I’m pretty sure everyone went back for thirds. This is a keeper, share-the-love recipe.
Cheers to another thrilling week! I’m gearing up for my kids to be out of school, so if you need me, I’ll be making our summer bucket list!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.