Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings from the week. It’s the happy hour of blog posts!
Hello, Simply Recipes friends! Yes, I’m going to call you all my friends, because you are all simply amazing.
Speaking of amazing, I hope you were all able to have a marvelous time celebrating the wonderful mothers and mother-figures in your life. Personally, I got to sleep in, got breakfast-in-bed (complete with pancakes, syrup, and two different kinds of eggs!), and then I got to take the longest nap ever.
I also got a new bike that I’ve been testing out this week, and I’m in love! I have 2 1/2 year old twins that I’m always trying to keep occupied, and strapping them into a bike trailer and going on long rides has been what has made my soul sing this past week.
Let’s see what else has made the Simply Recipes team’s souls sing, shall we?
OUR FAVORITES FROM THE WEEK
- Set your timer! Summer has this mint timer that sticks to her fridge! She uses it practically every day in every way and it just plain ol’ makes her happy!
- Excuse me, detective… Murder, She Wrote is now streaming on Amazon Prime! Emma has adamantly declared that JB Fletcher is the perfect companion while chopping veggies for dinner. By the way, have you taken the tour at Universal Studios where you can see the set where this show was filmed? It’s really cool!
- Shear love: Carrie and I have mentioned to each other numerous times (okay, maybe just a couple times…) about how much we love our kitchen shears! Remember how I have 2 1/2 year old twins? I use my shears endlessly to cut up their food into bite-sized pieces. It saves me so much time and energy and I have at least 5 or 6 pairs in my drawer right now!
- The final rose goes to… Any Bachelorette fans out there? Or Harry Potter fans? How ’bout combining the two with this clip. My family has watched it on repeat for awhile and it never fails to make me laugh.
- Early bird gets the… bagel? Jennifer Garner’s Pretend Cooking Show on Instagram is a joy and a delight. If you aren’t watching them already, drop what you’re doing and go!
MEANWHILE ON INSTAGRAM…
Our newest vanilla cake recipe from our contributor, Cindy Rahe, has been getting so much love! A deep vanilla flavored cake topped with fluffy buttercream frosting and sprinkled with magical little pieces of love? YES AND YES.
Catch up on the conversation right here!
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Our site has been buzzing because of Mother’s Day, and we received the sweetest comment from Katie, who made Cindy’s new vanilla cake recipe:
I’m 16 years old and never baked anything homemade but I made this for Mother’s Day and it was great. Thank you.
There truly isn’t a better feeling than knowing that one of our recipes made your day a little better.
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.