Hey-oh! It’s The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! Up this week: Pizza and Ranch, Oreo Nation, and Nudist Cooking.
The Simply Team recently had a deep, intellectual discussion about dipping pizza in ranch dressing. I know. The things we talk about.
But here’s the thing… Andy just discovered it last week! How is this even possible? I come from the land of Utah where ranch is basically the state flavor, so I’ve dipped many a pizza slices in ranch. This very important topic sent a chain of pizza and ranch GIFs around our Slack channels that had us all rolling on the floor.
Emma told us that she goes to a pizza place where ranch is ACTUALLY the sauce on the pizza. I say that’s a STROKE OF GENIUS! Would y’all love to see something like that on the site? Tell me about your feelings dipping non-veggie foods in ranch. Yay or nay?
Let’s see what other deep topics The Simply Team discussed this week, shall we?
OUR FAVES FROM THE WEEK
- Oreo Nation – I am obsessed with Oreos and am on a mission to try every flavor. I read this article and realized that I have a loooong way to go to accomplish that goal!
- The Great Salmon Seduction – Megan is crushing hard core on this Wild Alaskan Salmon she was gifted last week. Not only does the taste rock your world, but it’s sustainably caught and shipped frozen straight to your door. Huzzah!
- The Joy of Cooking… Naked. Megan shared this article with us, and I think we’ll just leave it at that!
- Mince It Like It’s Hot – Emma’s been longing for this Garlic Press. If it actually works, it could change her relationship with garlic for-ev-errr.
- Bullet Journaling – I recently got hooked on bullet journaling! Ever tried it? It’s a fantastic way to reach your goals and track your habits!
MEANWHILE ON INSTAGRAM
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Linda was a little skeptical of our Fish Cakes with Tarragon Mayo, buuuuut I think she may have changed her mind. What do you think?
THIS was excellent. I really questioned the outcome but wow, these were so good. Thank you so much for sharing your creation, Sally. Loved it. P.s. This will be great for Lent.
It reminds me of the book Green Eggs and Ham. Can’t knock something ’til you try it! Glad you loved the fish cakes so much, Linda!
We’re halfway through February, so CHEERS TO THE NEXT HALF!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.