Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the literally the happy hour of blog posts! Up this week… Prom fails, ginger juice, “Good Omens,” and so much more.
Are you an early bird or a night owl? I tend to be a night owl, but with the new school year upon us and school starting so darn early, I am having to quickly adjust my schedule to wake up earlier than I’d ever like to.
Once I’m awake, I do okay… it’s just those first 10 minutes are absolutely brutal! I really do admire those who are chipper and ready to go first thing in the morning! If you have any tips on how to become a morning person, SEND THEM MY WAY! I beg of you!
Let’s see what the Simply Recipes Team is sending your way this week, shall we?
OUR WEEKLY FAVES COMIN’ AT YA!
- Need a snack? Emma is ALL ABOUT this Salt and Vinegar Popcorn from our very own contributor, Nick!
- Need a laugh? These prom fails are the best way to end the week. You won’t be able to stop reading. Promise!
- Need to feel inspired? Summer shared this article about a University of Tennessee t-shirt and it gave us all the feels.
- Need some zing? Emma discovered the magic of ginger juice splashed into kombucha, homemade sodas, and cocktails, and she’s in love.
- Need a new show? Carrie and her twin boys love watching the show Good Omens. Wildly imaginative, sly, and British. ‘Nuff said.
- Need to give a gift? Claudia is putting this game on her Christmas wish list and is absolutely positive that it would make the perfect gift for anyone.
MEANWHILE ON INSTAGRAM
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Our reader, Deearr, had some great tips for serving our Fresh Basil Pesto:
We make this every year and stock our freezer with it. We don’t add cheese so we can serve it to our vegan friends. When we serve it, we add the cheese!
As always, cheers to the weekend!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.