Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings from the week. It’s the happy hour of blog posts!
Q: Why did the orange go out with the prune?
A: It couldn’t find a date!
I thought I’d start of this edition of The Friday Buzz with a little joke because WHY NOT? My six-year old loves it when I put these jokes in her lunchbox, and I really can never resist the chance to tell a corny joke, especially one that has to do with food… on a food site… so there you go!
This one has been a busy week, and we definitely have a lot to catch up on, so let’s get on with it!
Our Favorites from The Week
- First off, we welcomed a new member to our team! Everyone give a huge round of applause to Andy Christensen, our new art director! *and the crowd goes wild!* Andy hails from Minnesota, and he’s jumped right in to our little chats about ALL THE THINGS and shared how he loves to draw dinosaurs with his son! #awesomsaurus
- Let’s dish on all the latest royal gossip, shall we? I am obsessed with the newest royal baby! Archie Harrison. Seriously such a lovely name. Speaking of royals, how many of you have watched The Crown? It took me a few episodes to get into it, and I primarily stuck with it because I love John Lithgow, but I quickly got sucked into it and that was that!
- Make your morning easier! Summer showed us the coolest thing everrrr…. a breakfast station. It would be simply fantastic in a dorm room, or in my closet for when I’m craving a midnight snack. #baconalldayeveryday
- Hooray for retro games! When her kid’s screen time is up, Summer’s family loves to play a good old-fashioned round of SKIP-BO. Carrie also loves that game and remembers playing epic rounds of it with her grandfather.
- Purple is the best: Carrie’s favorite color in the whole wide world is PURPLE! Her living room wall is partly purple, she has purple in her hair, and she has a whole collection of purple pens. These ultra-sophisticated purple pens are her pen of choice.
- For hard-working hands: Trader Joe’s Midsummer’s Night Cream earns an A+ rating from Emma! If you wash your hands a lot while you’re in the kitchen, it’s a must.
- Kitchen jams! And if you’re all overly curious about what Emma is jammin’ to this week, she shared her FUNK PLAYLIST. Ahhhh yeah. Andy, on the other hand, has been listening some calmer tunes that soothe the soul.
- Current debates among the Simply Recipes Team… The Oxford Comma and how to pronounce GIF.
Meanwhile on Instagram…
Readers all around the globe weighed in on IG Stories on what makes the perfect chocolate chip cookie. It was an intense 24 hours as votes poured in, but here is what the results said:
- Perfectly round (not in bar form)
- Thick & chewy
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Hot & fresh out of the oven
- Skip the nuts
- No milk dunking allowed
Whew! Now I’m totally craving ALL THE COOKIES! If you need me, I’ll be indulging in a few cookies while watching this clip from Friends over and over again…
Reader Comment of the Week
Last, but certainly not least, our favorite reader comment from the week came from our PERFECT POPCORN post. Amanda wrote to us:
My decade old stovetop popcorn popper bit the dust. I was all ready to purchase a new one but came across this method. The popcorn is perfect and so much better than my original stovetop popper (which I didn’t think was possible). Amazing! Thanks for saving me some money :)
Cheers to the weekend!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.