Welcome to another The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts!
What a beautiful week it’s been! How’s the weather in your neck of the woods? It’s been unbelievably sunny and delicious up here in Portland and has me singing this song all day long.
Speaking of singing, does anyone love Celine Dion as much as I do? I saw her in concert awhile back and it was beyond phenomenal! I was giddy when I saw she finally did a Carpool Karaoke with James Corden. #vivalasvegas
Now onto what’s buzzin’ this week…
OUR FAVORITES FROM THE WEEK
- What’s your favorite writing journal? Summer loves using hardcover notebooks to journal in and soft, moleskin notebooks for everything else. I’m lucky to jot things down on a napkin once in awhile… #kiddingnotkidding
- Do you know the way to Santa Fe? Some of our team spent some time in Santa Fe for a food conference recently and wanted to give some mad props to the restaurant, Fire and Hops! Best ever because they didn’t play music in the dining room and you could actually hear the dinner convo that was happening. BONUS: Their beer was on point.
- Shout it LOUD! Major round of applause for our contributor, Sara Bir, who won an IACP award for her book, The Fruit Forager’s Companion! (We shared this recipe from her book a while back.)
- Coconut-y: It’s no secret I’m a lover of an ice cold Diet Coke, and lately I’ve been adding a couple pumps of sugar-free coconut syrup to my glass. Carrie loves adding a simple rhubarb syrup to her seltzers. She said lately it’s tasting really good with coconut seltzer. Sip, sip, hooray!
- Extra dose of happy! The whole team is in love with all the videos from Natasha’s Kitchen. They tell a fantastic story without using any words and just bring an extra splash of happiness to everyone.
- COFFEE: (n.) survival juice… Since Andy is getting used to working from home, he’s been loving his coffee made with his new(ish) Aeropress.
- Grateful for: Hall’s cough drops when traveling with a cold and family bonding time over old-school Legos from 1994.
MEANWHILE ON INSTAGRAM
Heavy debate on salting watermelon. Are you a yay or nay?
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Because we love you all so much, we just have to share not one, but TWO comments that came our way this week!
Don commented on our Yeasted Belgian Waffles:
I just made THESE waffles for the FIRST time! I have to say, for my taste, this is hands down the BEST I’ve ever made and ate!! I’m now dumping my old recipe after a 10 year run YUMMY!
and Jac left this fantastic comment on our Strawberry-Rhubarb Crumble Bars:
I’ve made these twice in the last few days now – all with rhubarb instead of strawberries – and they are AWESOME. So buttery, and the tartness really cuts through the rich crust. I love how fast and easy a recipe this is – it comes together so quickly, with only two bowls and no extra cooking and makes a ton of bars for my kids and husband. Rad rad recipe.
We hope you all have a fantastic Memorial Day weekend! Cheers!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.