Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, and good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! This week we are diving into the ridiculous world of SILLY KITCHEN UTENSILS.
Yep, you read that right. SILLY KITCHEN UTENSILS, because here’s the thing… A lot of us spend a good chunk of our time in the kitchen, so why not have a little fun?
These may not be the kitchen gadgets you bust out for your boss that’s coming over, or for Great-Aunt Edna who wouldn’t dream of anything so frivolous (but we all know she secretly has a wild side #partyanimal). But these handy little gadgets would be a delight to give (or receive… hint, hint) and are sure to make anyone grin from ear-to-ear!
So, what silly gadgets is the Simply Recipes Team crushing on? Read on, because you’re in for a loony ride! Ha!
SILLY KITCHEN GADGETS WE LOOOOOVE
- Pasta: The Great Protector – That’s right, pasta is beloved by all, especially when it protects you from harm or danger. Cambria thinks these pot holders are hilarious.
- Loch Ness Monster Revealed! Emma discovered the exact location of the Loch Ness monster, and it’s hiding in her soup.
- Tea Time! Andy steeps his tea the old-fashioned way… with these amazing little animal tea filters!
- Ahoy, Matey! Sail the seven steams with this silicone ship steamer that Andy found.
- Sip ‘n’ Relax – Summer definitely wants to unwind and relax after a long day with this luxurious wine holder.
- Tacosaurus Rex – Taco Tuesday just got a major dose FUN thanks to this delightful taco stand. It also holds crackers, waffles, sandwiches, nachos, and so much more.
ON THE INSTAGRAM
We asked what soup floats your boat during the winter months. Here are some Simply Recipes reader faves:
And literally so many more! Add what you soup is your jam here!
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Speaking of tacos, Angela was quite happy with our Hawaiian Spam Tacos recipe! She said:
Lol, the report card from your kids was pure entertainment and I loved reading the whole thing! I also love good, crispy SPAM, so these tacos totally hit the spot! Thanks for the tasty spin on tacos!
Do you have any favorite cooking gadgets? Leave us a comment below and spread the cheer!
Cheers to another glorious January weekend in 2020!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.