Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! Up this week: Prime Day Deals, Funky Tea, Recursive Recipes, and more!
Did any of you end up buying anything during the 2-day AMAZON PRIME EXTRAVAGANZA?! While the thought of wading through millions of items for a deal is extremely overwhelming, I did end up purchasing a few things. I’ve had my eyes on these for awhile and wouldn’t you know, they just happened to be on sale!
My biggest score was that I first bought a Soda Stream thanks to the recommendation of Megan. My daughter is a budding entrepreneur and has wanted to start a soda shop stand for our neighborhood, so I knew the Soda Stream would be perfect for her little endeavor.
This week I had her test several different flavors, pick a few that she liked, and make a menu. Yesterday she set up her little stand on the corner outside our neighborhood. My husband drove by on his way home from work and saw a small gathering of people and thought it was an accident or something… NOPE! Just our Ava and her friend selling soda and making over $70 in a little over 2 1/2 hours. I told her she will be contributing to my retirement account, which she wasn’t too happy about. Ha!
While I’m happily waiting for my packages to come, I wanted to check in with the rest of the team and see what put a smile on their faces this week . . .
OUR FAVORITES FROM THE WEEK
- Popsicle Perfection: Megan can’t wait to make these popsicles with her son this weekend!
- Recursive Recipes: If you’re looking for a really fun recipe site to visit, here is one Emma can’t stop looking at. Want to make a loaf of bread? Better get those wheat berries planted…
- Prehistoric Google Earth: If you want to see what your city or state looked like millions of years ago, this is a fun site to look at while on your lunch break.
- Can chickens eat raspberry seeds? Another fun #pretendcookingshow came up with our BFF, Jennifer Garner. She teaches us all how to make berry preserves WHILE ALSO making scrambled eggs at the same time. GENIUS.
- Let’s turn up the heat! Andy has a mad hankering to make some of these jalapeño poppers. All in favor of him making them say “AYE!”.
- French Toast Tea! Have we ever mentioned Emma’s passion for silly, irreverent flavors of tea?! This Cardamom French Toast Tea is what’s been getting her through these summer mornings!
MEANWHILE ON INSTAGRAM
I went blueberry picking last weekend and asked readers what recipe I should make first. Lots of fabulous suggestions came pouring in! Here are just a few of them:
- Blueberry Muffins
- Banana Blueberry Bread
- Blueberry Jam
- Blueberry Crumb Pie
- Blueberry Pie
- Blueberry Jam Pop Tarts
- Blueberry Buckle
- Blueberry Cobbler
- Blueberry Crumb Bars
Wow! Ya’ll love your blueberries! I ended up doing a pie first because we are major pie loving people, but I can’t wait to dive into more of your suggestions.
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Gloria left a comment on our Slow-Roasted Salmon with Sweet Chili Glaze and Scallions that left a sizzling impression on us! She said:
Super easy and everyone loved it including kids who are sensitive to spicy foods (just a tiny bit of heat with the sriracha sauce). It’s very forgiving in terms of over baking when usually salmon isn’t with other recipes that I’ve made.
Hooray for salmon! And hooray for finding a dinner that everyone loves! When that happens, you know that you’ll be hanging onto that recipe for dear life!
Cheers to another glorious summer week!