Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! Up this fabulous week… The Concert Saga, Next Question, Cooking with Scraps, and so much more! Grab a cup of coffee (or Diet Coke!) and join us in the latest buzz!
Friends. Listen up. I am SO EXCITED. I mean, I’m usually excited about most things in life. New chapstick? Excited. Getting to pull through a parking space so I don’t have to back up when leaving? Excited. Opening mail that isn’t junk mail? Excited. Seeing one of my favorite singers of all time for the SECOND TIME? MAJORLY EXCITED.
That’s right, I just bought tickets to see the one and only… CELINE DION. *And Claudia faints from excitement.*
About 10 years ago I saw Celine Dion perform, and it was beyond phenomenal. She really puts on a fantastic show, and I savored every minute of the concert thinking I’d never get the chance to see her again. Well, she’s coming to Portland in April, and you better believe I was booking tickets the minute they became available.
While the concert isn’t for a few months, I’ve started planning my outfit and I’m blasting her songs almost 24/7 around my house. I do have to take an occasional break to listen to “Baby Shark” or Justin Bieber because I’ve got a house full of kids, but they are being educated in the beautiful ways of one of the greatest singers of all time.
And that brings me to what the Simply Recipes Team has been chit-chatting about this week. :) Enjoy!
OUR FAVORITES FROM THE WEEK
- Cooking with Scraps – Summer was able to speak at a conference alongside the author of this cookbook who is an absolute delight!
- Next Question – Megan is hooked on Katie Couric’s podcast. It’s definitely worth a listen!
- Peanut Butter Falcon – I went and saw this movie and it was beyond fantastic.
- Concerts Continued – Continuing on with all the concert talk, Carrie said seeing U2 was a fulfillment of a lifetime dream.
- Concerts Part III – Cambria saw Radiohead. Her words: BEST. SHOW. EVER.
- Concerts Part IV – Andy went solo to David Bowie and loved every minute of it.
- Concerts Part V (The Final Chapter) – Summer decided to go to prom instead of going to Pearl Jam. Lesson learned: If the opportunity arises to see Pearl Jam, you ALWAYS go to Pearl Jam.
What concerts have you been to or what is one concert you’d love to go to?
MEANWHILE ON INSTAGRAM
Want to know what the universal question of life is? Hint: It’s a question I ask myself every single day around 4:30 pm… Thankfully there are recipes like our Tuscan Bean Soup that help answer my daily question!
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Spoonzy has our comment of the week! Yay! Here’s what Spoonzy said about our Classic Rack of Lamb recipe:
I followed your directions for rare chops. The lamb was melt in your mouth tender and the fat was nice and crispy. This is certainly my “go to” Rack of Lamb recipe. As a private chef, I can attest that this recipe is spot on and cooking times are just right.
Cheers to another glorious November week!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.