Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, and good feelings. It’s basically the happy hour of blog posts!
GLORIOUS GREETINGS from the fabulous city of Seattle! The Simply Recipes Team had its summer gathering at our Fexy Media headquarters! Woohoo! We’ve stayed up way too late this past week talking and laughing and working on fantastic things for this site. We have so many thoughts, so many ideas, and so many hopes and dreams for making this site a better place for all of you. It can be exhausting and overwhelming, but it’s so much fun. We all work from home, so it’s been absolutely exquisite talking with these humans in real life.
Want to know what else is 100 percent enjoyable? Taking time each Friday to share little blurbs of our week with you!
OUR FAVORITES FROM THE WEEK
- Bake Away! Do you have a baking bucket list? S’mores Blondies are on Megan’s list.
- Will It Funnel Cake? Good Mythical Morning is on Andy’s watchlist. Pretty sure it should be on yours too!
- Food is Food! Megan shared this cute little article on Things You’ll Never Hear a Three-Year-Old Say.
- Ice, Ice, Baby! Speaking from experience, this portable ice cube maker will make your camping experience 372 percent better. Promise.
- Oxford Comma Debate: The Simply Recipes Team has had a long standing debate on the Oxford Comma. (Emma is “Team Oxford” and is all over this shirt.) Tell us your feelings on the subject . . .
- Eye Exam: Just in case you needed a Friday break, we’ve got you covered with this clip. It’s amaze.
MEANWHILE ON INSTAGRAM
Our Copycat Chipotle Guacamole is making all your tortilla chip dipping dreams come true and readers all over the globe started raving about their devotion to all things guac. Want to rave with them? Rave on right here!
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Vogue Cheesecake: Gabrielle left feedback on our Perfect Cheesecake recipe…
I’m very critical of my own cooking and usually the best grade I’ll give my own cooking, even when following a recipe, is “Eh, pretty good.” I had been struggling with my cheesecakes cracking. Then I found this recipe. It created a really beautiful, creamy, silky smooth and crack-free cheesecake. I told my Mom if there were “Vogue” for cheesecake, this cheesecake would be the cover girl. It tastes even better than it looks.
So, there you have it! This comment just had us all dancing to “Vogue” by Madonna by the time we were finished reading it. Ha!
Cheers to another week!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.