It’s August. IT’S AUGUST. I feel like this year has gone a little something like… Jaaaaaannnuary, Febbbbrrrruary, Maaaarch, Appprrrril, MayJuneJuly, AUGUST. Anyone else feel the same?!
All our summer travels are done and I’m looking forward to prepping all the things for school! Each year I take my girls out on a special little date where we shop-til-we-drop for back-to-school clothes and supplies. I’m also starting to meal prep massive amounts of PB&J sandwiches for school lunches. I cut the crusts off using this cutter and layer the sandwiches in a ziptop baggie and freeze. Every morning the girls take a sandwich out, put it in their lunchbox, and it’s thawed by the time it’s lunch! So, if any needs me, I’ll be making 5,492 sandwiches to get me through the year. Ha!
And if anyone needs the Simply Recipes Team, we’re furiously working away to bring you magical recipes each and every day, and *occasionally* we’ve been known to chat back and forth about our favorite things.
OUR FAVORITES FROM THE WEEK
- Under Pressure: Megan showed is this unbelievably cute Instant Pot for the kiddos that has REAL STEAM! (Don’t worry, it’s cold steam.)
- Tiny Desk Concerts Part I: Need an afternoon coffee/dance break? Jam out to Lizzo as recommended by Emma (FYI, there’s some profanity, so…maybe don’t blast this one at your office’s afternoon dance party).
- Apron Obsession: Emma loves these aprons so much she might just wear them as, like, her clothes.
- Tongs that ROCK: My cheapy tongs broke and I bought these tongs from Sur la Table and have a giant crush on them.
- Tiny Desk Concerts Part II: OR if you need a minute to unwind, Andy loves swaying to Yo-Yo Ma.
- Kiwi Tasting: I recently found out my friend eats her kiwis with the skin on… MIND BLOWN!
- Knock Your Socks Off Salad: Oh, and PS. If you’re looking for a super simple salad to enjoy, I highly recommend this Honey Mustard Chicken Cobb Salad from Creme de la Crumb. So scrumptious.
MEANWHILE ON INSTAGRAM
Apparently, enjoying soup all summer long is TOTALLY A THING! I kind of thought that maybe heart warming soups weren’t a thing when it’s a million degrees outside, but I was CRAZY WRONG. There were tons of responses as to which soups you all love to enjoy year round. One reader even mentioned that she likes to turn the A/C waaaay down so she can convince her family it’s soup season! Tell me what your favorite soup is here!
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Ron gave us some serious inspiration when he left a comment on our Grilled Mexican Street Corn. He said:
This recipe is awesome, I use this in some variations at almost every family BBQ we’ve had lately and everyone loves it. The sauce alone is amazing and versatile, I love it on pork BBQ, and chicken. But my favorite is to take fresh grilled or even left over ribeye and toss in the sauce for a take on carne asada tacos. Thanks.
Cheers for the best sauce ever! And cheers to the weekend!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.