Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! On the docket for today: Tofurky, frozen samosa wraps, peppermint almonds, and so much more!
Tofurky! Have you ever heard of it? Is it really a thing? I just read about it this past week and didn’t know it was a thing! But now I’m super intrigued…. as in, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it.
To be honest with you, I’ve never had tofu, although it sounds absolutely delightful in this recipe! I actually didn’t taste a lot of things until I was out on my own and started cooking for my own family. I had never tried sweet potatoes, bell peppers (I was too scared because I thought they would be hot!), avocados, spaghetti squash, pomegranates, or even… ZUCCHINI BREAD. I know. This is all crazy talk, but I feel like I need to shout to the world that I now gobble those things up on the regular!
And now some crazy talk from the Simply Recipes team!
OUR FAVES FROM THE WEEK
- Peppermint crunch ‘n’ munch! – Megan can’t stop gobbling up these little treasures.
- It’s a wrap! – Meanwhile Summer is in the middle of a major kitchen renovation and these have been sustaining her day in and day out.
- Whole Beauty – I can’t stop gawking at all the gorgeous natural beauty recipes in this book!
- Universal question – Do pumpkin seeds go bad? Summer shared this article with us and it will give you all the deets!
- Bread Board – I’m obsessed with wooden cutting boards and I adore this one for my homemade bread. Also, I’m obsessed with homemade bread.
MEANWHILE ON THE INSTAGRAM
READER(S) COMMENT(S) OF THE WEEK
We just felt the love this week as so many of you left comments about our Jarred Tomato Sauce edition of Pantry Power! WOW. We were blown away with all you had to say! THANK YOU for taking the time to leave comments and to tell us what your favorite jarred tomato sauce is!
I hope all your Thanksgiving preparations are going as smoothly as possible!
Cheers to the upcoming weekend!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.