Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! Up this week… Transponster, Phone Chargers, Sweet Honey, and so much more!
Happy FRIIIIIIDDDDAAAAY! I basically want to shout it from the rooftops and I’m so excited for the weekend to be upon us. We just celebrated my daughter’s birthday (she’s 12! *cue the tears*) and are going to a pumpkin patch (thank goodness she still loves going!) and plan on drinking copious amounts of apple cider.
Speaking of apple cider… We have a little debate going on about apple cider vs. hot chocolate. What is your fall drink of choice? AND… do you add whipped cream? I’m in the hot chocolate camp and I always say yes to whipped cream (and did you know you could freeze the rest for later? GENIUS!) but I do love a hot cup of apple cider now and again!
This week has been a busy one for the team, so we haven’t had a ton of time to chat back and forth, but here are some of the things we shared and now want to share with YOU!
OUR FAVORITES FROM THE WEEK
- Easy Peasy Meals: We’ve been talking a lot about what makes a meal quick and easy. Is it the number of ingredients? The time spent making it? How many dishes you dirty up? What do you consider an easy meal?
- Transponster! If you’re a FRIENDS fanatic like some of us are, then I’m sure you’ve heard that Jennifer Aniston finally joined Instagram! She received a warm welcome via Legos from our BFF, Jennifer Garner.
- Winner, winner! We found out that one of our readers one a chili cook-off with our Instant Pot White Chicken Chili recipe! How awesome is that?
- Charge It Up: Summer was asking about an awesome charger for both an Apple and Android and this one was recommended by Megan, while Carrie likes this charger!
- Sweetened to Perfection: Megan has been making her own chai tea lattes and sweetens it up with this honey. She says it has a mild but simultaneously complex flavor and she’s ditching her honey bear for it!
MEANWHILE ON INSTAGRAM
Well, besides the fact that we already shared that Jennifer Aniston joined the Gram, our Apple Cider Glazed Donut Holes are making everyone drool. So, if you are on Team Apple Cider and have some hanging around, they’d be a fun little weekend baking project!
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
There was one comment that just stood out to us and made us all grin from ear-to-ear:
I love your site. The recipes and the the wonderful videos. I cruise cooking/food/nutrition blogs, subscribe to many to see what they’re about, and stay with only the best. I stay with you. I am a senior on a small pension, who has a disability that inhibits my cooking (shop, cook, clean) somewhat, but I find your recipes allow me to adapt, cut in half, exchange ingredients for what I have. Thank you so much for the obvious time and effort you put into making this site so professional, but sensible.
Wow. Just wow. To know that in some small way we can help people out through our recipes means the world to us, so thank you for all your kind comments!
Cheers to another wonderful weekend!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.