Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! Up this week: Yoga, T-Rex Races, Tamarind Margaritas, and more!
Hey, want to know what sounds like fun? Coming home from vacation and having to buy a new fridge… SAID NO ONE EVER. Alas, this is exactly what happened to me this week. I’ve put up with this dumb fridge for the past two years of living in my home, and there just comes a point where it’ll cost just as much to repair it as it would to buy a new one.
Buh-bye fridge! All in all, I’m excited to have a fridge that doesn’t have duct-taped shelves (yes, that’s been the case for about a year now!), doesn’t make my food go moldy in about 2 days (yes, also true), and doesn’t leak water underneath the produce drawers (yup, this too). I guess you know you’ve entered full-blown adulthood when buying a new fridge makes you happy. Ha!
Let’s see what has made The Simply Recipes Team happy this week, shall we?
OUR FAVORITES FROM THE WEEK
- Chop it good: I love using this vegetable chopper for when I need to chop all the things…. especially onions. #tearsbegone
- It’s yoga o’clock! Lots of talk this week about YOGA! Do you yoga? Andy was asking for suggestions and Megan suggested Yoga with Adriene while Summer and Carrie love Yoga with Tim.
- T-Rex Mayhem: If you want to end your Friday on a high-note, then stop what you’re doing and watch this T-Rex race!
- WonderBOOM! I bring this speaker with me everywhere! It’s waterproof (yes, I dunked it in a glass of water to test it!) and drop-proof (yes, I threw it on the floor to test it!) and has the best sound ever! It’s perfect for having in the kitchen with you during dinner prep.
- Drink up! Emma is in h.e.a.v.e.n. with this cocktail from our contributor Marta. It’s basically happy hour, now and all summer long.
MEANWHILE ON INSTAGRAM
We’ve asked it before, but how do you feel about CILANTRO? Y/N? Readers from sea to shining sea are debating it here!
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
As always, READER COMMENTS ARE LIFE. This week, Frances left a comment on our Avocado Tuna Salad that said:
Oh My… Yummmm! I had arugula I needed to use soon, as well as green onion and a large tomato. Made the recipe as directed, cut tomato onto arugula, scooped some tuna salad over it, then cut some green onion on top. Delicious! My mind is working overtime with other ways to pair: in cucumber boats, in pepper halves, in an avocado half, with pecan or savory flatbread crackers… Thank you for the great recipe.
Thank YOU, Frances for the sweet comment!
Cheers to another beautiful summer week. I hope you’re all getting your fill of Vitamin D!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.