Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! Up this week… so much stuff you’ll just have to read on!
January is officially over and I couldn’t be happier. It’s just one giant rainfest in Oregon and I’m yearning for a tropical vacay. But let’s move onto something that HAS helped me get through January… Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s is a major holiday in my family and I’m planning some fun things for my all my little loves. I don’t want to spoil anything on here in case my twin three-year olds are reading this, but I have plans. EPIC PLANS. However, the last time I planned something epic on Valentine’s Day it was somewhat of a disaster. Long story short, we ended up eating burgers by candlelight and it was not what we traditionally eat, so my daughter sobbed the whole night.
In order to make sure things go a little more smoothly this year, I’ve been planning a million years in advance! Yay, go me!
On an unrelated note, that makes me want to shout YAY, GO SIMPLY TEAM! We have some fun things to share this week and I hope you love them as much as we do!
OUR FAVES OF THE WEEK
- Let’s scream for ice cream! As our resident ice cream lover, Megan has declared that this child inhaling her ice cream is clearly the best ever.
- Zumbo! My kids and I are totally hooked on this show! It’s so whimsical and has a little challenge in each episode that’s so fun to watch.
- The Great Salad Dressing Debate – Taste testing is always on our mind these days and Andy totally got a kick out of this one. Fave quote from this episode? “I’m searching for some flavor from the thousands of islands.” Ha!
- 100% Accurate – I stumbled upon this pie chart and couldn’t believe just how accurate it was. Like scary accurate.
- Beautiful Breakfast – This stunning breakfast from The Faux Martha is definitely on Megan’s to-do list this weekend. It’s totally beautiful and beyond!
- I NEEEEEED THESE! Those were Emma’s exact words as soon as she saw these!
MEANWHILE IN INSTAGRAMLAND
This video has been making people drool. I’ve never made this dessert before, but I’m *this* close to trying it out! Have you ever made it before?
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Carolina had a conundrum and was led to our Baked Apples recipe. This is what she had to say:
When I was in high school, many moons ago, I learned to make baked apples. Then I put them out of my head as just another assignment. I’m now 64 and am faced with a bowl of apples on my dining room table. What to do…what to do. Hmmm, what was that apple dish I learned to make in high school? Hmmm…oh yeah! Baked apples! Hubby is all excited now! Google to the rescue for recipes. And I find this recipe. It’s easy, lots of pictures to remind me of how everything is supposed to look when done. I love it! Thank you!!!
Carolina, I’m so glad you were able to whip up some baked apples! I hope they were everything you wanted them to be!
CHEERS TO FEBRUARY!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.